As part of KTM Berhad (KTMB) efforts to improve the quality of its services to the public, the Klang Valley Double Track (KVDT) project involves infrastructure and system upgrades to ensure safe, reliable and comfortable train services.
The KVDT project entails the rehabilitation of 42 kilometres of tracks between Rawang and Salak Selatan as well as Sentul and Simpang Batu. Through this initiative KTMB will focus on enhancing 16 stations along these routes and upgrade the existing signalling and electrification system.
Scheduled to run between 2016 and 2019, this project is crucial to ensure smoother train commutes and alleviate problems such as delays and cancellations due to failure and derailment.
The scope of work for KVDT is as follows:
- PHASE 1A [Rawang – Simpang Batu] Rawang – Kuang – Sungai Buloh – Kepong Sentral – Kepong – Segambut
- PHASE 1B [Kuala Lumpur – Simpang Pelabuhan Klang] Kuala Lumpur – KL Sentral
- PHASE 2 [Simpang Batu – Kuala Lumpur] Segambut – Putra – Bank Negara – Kuala Lumpur
- PHASE 3 [Sentul – Simpang Batu] Sentul – Putra – Segambut
- PHASE 4 [Simpang Pelabuhan Klang – Salak Selatan] KL Sentral – Mid Valley – Seputeh – Salak Selatan